Hello! Welcome to My Go-To Healthy Meal #4! If you missed the first three meals, you can check them out here. Today’s meal is all about brightly colored-produce, healthy fats, and a wonderful infusion of flavors!
And this little lunch or snack is a simple to make as it is healthy! Eat it as is for a snack, add a bit of chicken and some tortilla chips for lunch, or serve it as a side dish along with your favorite dinner. The recipe below serves four.
- 2 avocados, halved, pits removed
- 1 medium size tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- salt & pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, and cilantro.
Drizzle with the olive oil and lime juice, and stir to coat.
Spoon the mixture into the four avocado halves.
Top with salt and pepper to taste.