Hello! If you haven’t already noticed, Starbucks is serving Peppermint Mocha lattes, Christmas lights and trees are prominently displayed in public squares and shopping centers, and there’s a frosty chill in the air.
Yup, the holiday season is once again upon us, which means it’s time to start thinking about gifting! But before we dive into the good stuff, I think it’s important for me to briefly mention my perspective on gifting. I don’t buy gifts to wow people, or to fill up big boxes and make a statement. I buy quality gifts that I know the recipient will truly enjoy and cherish. Therefore, my focus won’t be on all the black Friday sales or specials that allow you to fill up a cart chock full of “stuff” that most people probably won’t use after a month or two and the initial “wow” factor wears off. I, of course, try to find things on sale and share great deals with you, but my main priority is purpose and quality. So if you’re looking for a gift guide full of sale items or the next big trendy thing, I’m sorry to say I’ll probably disappoint. Sorry. Brutal honesty.
One more quick point — you’ll see when you read through my list below, I actually own many of these items myself, which is why I’m recommending them to you! I put my own hard-earned money towards purchasing them, I’ve tried them, I honestly enjoy them, and I’m guessing your friend will too! I’m not picking random things off a website, I try to (mostly) share what I know.
So, let’s dive in! Today’s gift guide is focused on that amazing friend or neighbor in your life … she’s not blood, but she may as well be … you tell her everything, you share everything, you support and admire each other. You want a gift that pampers her mind, body, and soul. She deserves it.
So here they are… a collection of cozy, thoughtful, and meaningful gifts sure to bring joy to her day.
- Fawn Design Weekender Bag: I’ve owned two of this brand’s diaper bags. I have one now for Kellen, and I love it! They just introduced their version of a weekender duffel bag. If the quality, function, and beauty of their diaper bags is any indication, this is bound to be hit too. Plus, if you sign up on their website you receive 15% off your first purchase!
- Loft Drop Pearl Earrings: I own these myself. They’re versatile and pretty, and they’ll make her feel special without breaking the bank. They’re already a great price, but they’re on further discount right now!
- Tocca Florence Perfume: I wear this … it’s my go to. I love everything about it. It’s feminine and floral, but not sappy sweet. Fragrance can be a tricky thing, with most women being fairly opinionated about what scents they do and do not like … but if your friend is open to trying something new … this is the one.
- Salt Scrub Body Polish: I bought this on a whim during a visit to World Market, and I’m in love. The scent is amazing, the scrub is infused with natural oils so it leaves your skin super soft and moisturized. Whenever I make a trip now, I stock up. And if your budget is an issue this year, it’s the most reasonably-priced gift in my guide.
- Aromatherapy Eye Pillow: Yup, I have one of these too! And I throw it on for about 5-10 minutes every night before bed. It’s cool, soothing, and it smells divine.
- Cashmere Hat: A luxurious find for a great price. It’s pretty, and super-soft, and it’ll keep her cozy all winter long.
- Serena & Lily Mohair Throw: Ok, this is your splurge item. It’s on my wish list for Christmas … I imagine it would feel like being wrapped up in a cloud. And right now, it’s 25% off, so if it’s your gift, go, now!
- Amaki Organic Essential Oil Blend: This is an #ifounditonamazon find! I love this oil. I put it on my face, my body, I mix it into my body lotion on days when I want a lighter feel. It smells amazing and it leaves your skin super-soft. It’s heavenly.
- Engravable Bracelet: Personalize it with her name or her kiddos names. It’s elegant and simple enough that she can wear it every day.
- Anthropologie Poncho: So pretty and versatile. Wear it to lounge around the house, over leggings on the weekend, or over a dress to brunch.
- Anthropologie Rancher Hat: Ranchers are the perfect hat … the brim is wide enough to provide coverage, but narrow enough that you can wear it anywhere (pool not required). I love neutral color, and the animal print is so subtle you can still wear this beauty with anything in your closet.
- Dried Hydrangea Bouquet: I have this gorgeous arrangement in a vase at bottom of our stairwell. The colors are simply beautiful. Soft pinks paired with a vibrant red. I love it. And since it’s dried, it’ll last a lot longer than fresh flowers!
- Cashmere Bateau Neck Pullover: Nothing says luxury like cashmere … if you’re bestie has been particularly good this year, surprise her with this beauty. She’ll never want to take it off.
- Daphne Journal: She’ll love the soft suede and sherpa combination. Encourage her to use it to write down all she’s grateful for each day … one day when she looks back on it, she’ll be so thankful she recorded those thoughts and memories.
- Nadia Embroidered Clutch: I purchased this for a wedding and received so many compliments! This is an outfit maker, sure to let her stand out from the crowd wherever she takes it.
- Anthropologie Capri Candle: If you’ve ever been to an Anthropologie store and smelled the heavenly scent that envelopes you the second you walk in, then you’ll get why this candle is a mainstay in my home. I have the candle, a reed diffuser, and the essential oil blend that I use with an essential oil diffuser. I don’t care who you are, when you smell this scent, you feel happy.
- Velvet Hair Clip Set: I bought this set of hair clips last Christmas season, and I’ve worn them all year long. I love them. The colors are rich, and they slide in nice and smooth and stay put all day. They’re another budget friendly option that she’ll cherish.
- Keds Wool & Shearling Sneakers: I just bought these for myself today. I needed a pair of sneakers for chasing babies and running errands. When I saw these cozy wool and shearling-lined ones, I was sold. And the fact that the Keds label takes me back to my childhood years is just a bonus.
Ok, so, I guarantee you there’s something here for that amazing woman you call your bestie. No matter your budget, no matter her tastes, I’ve got you covered.
As a heads up, I plan to post a series of gift guides for him, her, and the littles right after Thanksgiving, so stay tuned. Happy gifting!