Hello! Welcome to my first workout video! My intro video on Instagram (available here … click the Workouts cover in Highlights) will give you the lowdown on why I feel so passionate about working out, and what my goals are in sharing these workouts with you!
But, I’d like to reiterate a few things and provide a bit more detail:
- Do each exercise for 45 seconds then move directly into the next exercise. After you’ve completed all six exercises, take a 30 second break before repeating the circuit.
- Ideally, you should complete 3-4 circuits, but even one is beneficial. Maybe you haven’t worked out in years, and one is all you can handle … or maybe you’re schedule is packed and you have only five minutes to give … that’s fine! Do one circuit!
- You should ordinarily strive to complete this circuit workout in conjunction with a cardio routine. I’m happy to give you cardio workout ideas also, if that’s of interest. But for now, just commit to anywhere from 15-60 minutes of cardio most days — the lower end when you’re short on time, but longer when you’re able.
- For any moves that are isolated to one side of the body — like the final exercise in this video — do each side for 45 seconds. I only demonstrate one side, but you should immediately move to complete the other side after finishing the first side.
- The number of repetitions per 45 seconds will vary depending upon your fitness level, but you should strive to do as many as you can, and improve each time you do the workout.
Please feel free to email me with any questions! I am always happy to help … I was a workout novice once too, and it can be intimidating to try new things … but I want to help you succeed in your fitness goals, so please don’t be shy.
Enjoy the workout!